Exploring Mechanical Exfoliation Techniques
Instructor: Terri Wojak
1 Lesson; Total approx. run time: 1h
Please note: Skin Inc. Video Education is closing and will stop accepting new students on December 31, 2013. Course videos will not be accessible after March 31, 2014.
This video offers an in-depth training on mechanical exfoliation techniques used by estheticians, as well as demos of techniques commonly offered in a medical setting. Superficial microdermabrasion is the most common skincare treatment performed by estheticians. It is important to have knowledge of commonly used devices, treatment techniques, indications and contraindications. Dermaplaning is another common form of mechanical exfoliation. This method utilizes a blade to superficially remove dead skin and vellus hair. Delivered in three parts, this lesson covers:
- Part 1: Consultation & Skin Analysis—What do you need to ask and how do you manage your clients' expectations?
- Part 2: Microdermabrasion Demo—Indications, contraindications, step-by-step demonstration of microdermabrasion treatment, post-treatment recommendations
- Part 3: Dermaplaning Demo—Indications, contraindications, step-by-step demonstration of dermaplaning treatment, post-treatment recommendations
These popular exfoliation methods are not only great on their own but also in conjunction with other treatments and modalities. Learn esthetic treatments that work synergistically and how to incorporate them. Additionally you will gain valuable information on providing mechanical exfoliation between medical treatments; including pre- and post-laser treatments, benefits and precautions.
True U Esthetics and Skin Inc. Video Education have teamed up to bring you convenient advanced skin care education. Exploring Mechanical Exfoliation Techniques is taught by Terri Wojak, who has been an esthetician for more than 16 years. As the esthetics director, business manager and lead educator of True U, she lectures at multiple esthetic conferences each year and is frequently published in industry magazines. She has trained more than 1,000 estheticians and medical professionals in the art of advanced skin care with a specialization in techniques used in a cosmetic medical setting.
- Access to one hour-long online video
- Additional resources for extra information
- One quiz to test your understanding of the lesson
- Earn one Esthetic CEU in IL, GA and NC
- Build your resume
- Deepen your understanding of skin science
- Learn to easily communicate your knowledge
- Back up your treatment recommendations with science
- Establish credibility with your clients
- Obtain a certificate of completion when you complete the lesson quiz
* If you already have an account with the Skin Inc. Video Education, be sure to use the same e-mail address during the PayPal payment process to ensure that all of your courses appear under one account.
** This product streams instantly over the internet. It is not a DVD and is for individual use only.