Oncology Esthetics®: Our Role as Estheticians
You'll be redirected to PayPal to complete your order.*
Instructor: Kris Campbell
1 Lesson; Total approx. run time: 45m
The American Cancer Society estimates that almost 1.7 million Americans will be diagnosed with cancer in 2013. This pervasive group of diseases touches millions of lives, and those that work in the spa, salon or clinical setting are in a unique position to help ease the pain. In this lesson you will discover how Oncology Estheticians impacts the lives of cancer patients with compassion and healing. Armed with the right knowledge and understanding, estheticians can help resolve oncology-related skin issues and provide a soothing touch and relaxation during a difficult time in a person's life. Delivered in three parts, this lesson covers:
- Part 1: Oncology Esthetics®—Definitions and terminology, risk factors associated with specific cancer treatments
- Part 2: Oncology Estheticians—Role in clients' lives, emotional and psychological impacts on oncology estheticians, tips for working with medical professionals
- Part 3: Services Best Suited for Cancer Clients and Q&A—Types of services, compatibility based on condition
This session was originally presented at Face & Body Northern California 2012, by Kris Campbell, the CEO of Tecniche, a cosmeceutical lab focused on producing products for Oncology Esthetics. As a licensed esthetician, she is passionate about helping individuals who have health-challenged and sensitive skin types. In addition to product development, she is enthusiastic about training, speaking and writing on heath-challenged skin and Oncology Esthetics.
- Access to 45 minute-long online video
- Additional resources for extra information
- One quiz to test your understanding of the lesson
- Build your resume
- Deepen your understanding of cancer's impact on the skin
- Learn to easily communicate your knowledge
- Back up your treatment recommendations with understanding
- Establish credibility with your clients
- Obtain a certificate of completion when you complete the lesson quiz
* If you already have an account with the Skin Inc. Video Education, be sure to use the same e-mail address during the PayPal payment process to ensure that all of your courses appear under one account.
** This product streams instantly over the internet. It is not a DVD and is for individual use only.